Benefit Concert with Amazon Watch and the SBA
This event was a great success! We'll post more on how it went soon. Thanks to everyone who came and experienced it with us.
July 22nd, 2011
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. VIP cocktail reception
8:00 - 11:00 p.m. Dinner and program
Dinner • Drinks • Entertainment
Awareness • Live Auction
Special Guest: Willie Nelson
Featuring Sarah Wasserman
with members of the Grateful Dead and other friends
Robin Williams and Dana Carvey
will be joining Willie on stage
Can't make it to the event but want to bid on Willie Nelson's guitar and other amazing auction items?
Contact Jenny O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-487-9600 to arrange to bid by proxy.
You can review the catalog of
items for auction here.
The Sustainable Biodiesel Alliance is teaming up with Amazon Watch for a "first of its kind" fundraiser event at the beautiful Bently Reserve building in downtown San Francisco to raise money for the work of both groups. In the past biofuels, including biodiesel, have been connected to deforestation and rainforest endangerment through massive scale palm oil and soy production. The purpose of this event is to raise awareness of the impacts of unsustainable oil, gas drilling and hydro development in the Amazon and promote indigenous rights and energy alternatives such as solar, wind and local and community-based biodiesel.
Both organizations are very excited about the educational potential for this event as it will mark the first time ever a rainforest protection group and a biofuels organization have worked together for a common cause.
The SBA and the Amazon Watch are confident that this event will:
- Draw national exposure from both entertainment and environmental media outlets
- Raise local and national awareness on the benefits of local, sustainable biodiesel
- Help illustrate a positive connection between community-based renewable energy and rainforest-ecosystem protection.
- Be attended by celebrity (Film, Music, TV, Sports) environmentalist and social activist supporters of the SBA and the Amazon Watch.
- Raise crucial funds for the important work of the Amazon Watch and SBA.
For more information, contact Jenny O'Connor at email@example.com or call 415-487-9600.